Light Wave Dental, Lighting the way in group dentistry
Light Wave Dental Management, a private-equity backed dental practice management company located in Woodbridge, VA is seeking a hands-on full-time Assistant Controller to join our Accounting team to support our rapid company growth.
The Assistant Controller will be responsible for leading our Staff Accountants and Bookkeepers through the monthly accounting cycle to ensure timely and accurate financial statements and controls. This position will report to the Controller and will help grow and develop the accounting team.
Duties to include, but are not limited to:
- General supervision of Staff Accountants
- Accounting point of contact for dental offices and bookkeepers
- Monitor A/P transactions for accuracy
- Bank reconciliations
- Fixed Assets / Depreciation & Amortization
- Inter-company transactions
- Monthly accrual entries
- Monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Revenue Recognition
- Leads monthly closing process with Staff Accountants and bookkeepers
- Prepare accurate and timely Consolidated Financial Statements
- 1099 preparation and personal property tax returns for all dental offices
- Treasury management
- Assist with external audit processes
- Assist Controller with special projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred but not required
- 3 - 5 years experience
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Multi Company experience preferred but not required
- Ability to problem solve and work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Great attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Microsoft Office
- QuickBooks and/or Sage Intacct experience preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Insurance, Flex Spending Plan, Voluntary Life and Disability Insurance, Company matched 401(k) plan, Paid Time Off, and Paid Holidays.
Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Light Wave Dental Management does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Light Wave Dental Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.